At Glenallen School, we have five full time Physiotherapists and one Physiotherapy Assistant.
Our physiotherapists will assess each student to establish individual goals and implement programs within a group setting. We aim to maximise each student’s gross motor function and promote their general health.
Physical Programs at Glenallen include a wide range of physical activities. For example:
- Mobility: Walking, bike riding, power wheelchair training.
- Gym Programs : Strengthening exercises, treadmill walking, balance exercises.
- Positioning : Standing, long sitting, stretching.
- Chest Physiotherapy: Breathing exercises, positioning, postural drainage.
We encourage and provide opportunities for our students to use their gross motor skills across each day and throughout the week in functional situations.
Our physiotherapists have the expertise to prescribe specialised equipment for students and support families to make the best choice for their children. The equipment may be used at home or at school, including:
- Walkers/walking frames
- Standing frames
- Ankle-Foot Orthotics and leg splints
We have regular communication with other organisations regarding the needs and management of our students:
- Royal Children’s Hospital
- Monash Medical Centre
- Victorian Paediatric Rehabilitation Service
- Case Managers
- Early Interventions Providers
- State-Wide Equipment Program